Monday, March 28, 2011

Folded. 1000 Cranes for Hope.

Wrapped up in the things that we try to get through day to day, it's so easy to be blinded by the importance of giving back. Whether it be time, money, energy, it's important to remember that beyond your sphere there is a whole eternity that is breathing the same air and living the same day and sometimes, just sometimes its needs are greater than your own.

Nothing shocked me more than the tragedy in Japan. Maybe its the innocence of so many people watching their world crumble around them, the closeness to home, the beauty of a country wiped out in an instance. Maybe - on a more selfish note - it's the strive for simplicity and watching the chance of it slipping beyond the grasp of a whole continent of people. Whichever the case, it's put a little hole in my heart that I'm not sure will be repaired and maybe for the better because it's made me want something more than for myself. I wish for luck for Japan and it seems I'm not alone in the small way that I'm spreading that around me.

Legend has it that if a person makes 1000 paper cranes, all joined together on a single piece of thread, they will be granted a life long wish. Via a global initiative from BBDO, people around the world can donate, download, print and fold a paper-crane for Japan. Currently at 572, we're over half way there to bring this country the wish of survival.

Donate now. 1000 Cranes for Japan.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails