Thursday, November 25, 2010

and counting

I'm not going to lie. I love Jonsi. I wrote about how beautiful the Sigur Rós lead singer's music was, especially when used with the inspirational Dulux "Let's Colour" campaign, and seeing him play live was a massive pleasure. BUT between that, the Temper Traps "Sweet Disposition" and The Cinematic Orchestra's "To Build a Home" us agency folk seem to be slim for the pickings when it comes to tracks used to support awesome creative.

All three of those tracks still give me goose bumps, thinking about the beautiful crescendo in To Build a Home, lined up with when the slow motion balloons burst for Schweppes is a spine tingling moment, and the new Photoplay spot for FOXTELS "100 Days of Summer" campaign is gorgeous and does makes me think about my bleached out summer days, making me nostalgic for when I was a child, covered in salt water, eating hot chip sandwiches, sitting on a fraying towel in the grass. Or now, shimmying in an outdoor breeze with my beautiful bronzed girlfriends. I buy it. But I wish that they'd considered the Joan of Arc remix of Gypsy and the Cats "Time to Wander"!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails