Monday, April 5, 2010

500 Days of summer | 1 great idea in Autumn

I never watch real movies. It never strikes me as particularly interesting to sit at home or in a cinema for an hour+ and watch a long story full of very boring people, with a predictable ending. I'm been so bad at it for so long that I didn't see Titanic, refused to see Pearl Harbour (the actual bombing went for 7 mins... how do you get a 3hr movie?!!) and still haven't seen Avatar. This weekend, I was holed up sick, and lacking a Rick Stein's Seafood Odyssey marathon, I decided to check out 500 Days of Summer. And God, I am SO glad I did.

Not only does the soundtrack to this movie seriously rock, but I loved the chalk headboard that featured in the leads bedroom. I think that chalk always makes sense to feature as a full wall somewhere, and with liquid chalk pens, it can look amazing and neat. But this wall was so impactful mainly because surrounding the Mission-style headboard (with shading to give it depth) were downtown LA skylines, with postcards and pictures of intricate art deco design features included on top in little areas which made the simple, slash-Eameseque room soft and warm and inviting. Beautiful. I loved it. **I couldn't find an amazing shot of this but if you watch the movie, you'll love. I promise.

The amazing amazing soundtrack from 500 Days of Summer. CHECK it on Amazon. BUY it on iTunes.

1. A Story of Boy Meets Girl - Mychael Danna and Rob Simonsen
2. Us - Regina Spektor
3. There Is A Light That Never Goes Out - The Smiths
4. Bad Kids - Black Lips
5. Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want - The Smiths
6. There Goes The Fear - Doves
7. You Make My Dreams - Hall & Oates
8. Sweet Disposition - The Temper Trap
9. Quelqu'un M'a Dit - Carla Bruni
10. Mushaboom - Feist
11. Hero - Regina Spektor
12. Bookends - Simon & Garfunkel
13. Vagabond - Wolfmother
14. She's Got You High - Mumm-Ra
15. Here Comes Your Man - Meaghan Smith
16. Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want - She & Him

Check out the chalk board kitchen shot by Tod Selby in aimee bayliss, nathan smith & anne ryan's sydney apartment

You can kiiiinda see in the background... kinda?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails